Stay Alfred in the News
- Scott Maben. “Spokane vacation rental company Stay Alfred looks to go big” The Spokesman Review 17 February 2017
- LeAnn Bjerken. “Stay Alfred raises $15 million in capital” Spokane Journal of Business 2 February 2017
- Monica Nickelsburg. “Stay Alfred raises $15M to expand lodging business that rents apartments like hotels” GeekWire 17 January 2017.
- Simpson, Tom. “Spokane has potential to become hub for startups” Spokane Journal of Business 29 December 2016.
- Monk, Becky. “Washington’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies raked in $3 billion last year.” Puget Sound Business Journal 14 Sep. 2016. Print.
- “7 Ways Your Hotel Stay is Changing.” Staff Report, Travel + Leisure 23 Aug. 2016. Print.
- “Five Spokane Region Companies Make the 2016 Inc. 5000 List.” Greater Spokane Incorporated 19 Aug. 2016.
- Regimbal, Austin. “Spokane’s Stay Alfred makes list of 500 fastest-growing companies.” KXLY 18 Aug. 2016.
- “Inc. 5000 2016: The Full List: Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals.” Inc. Magazine 17 Aug. 2016.
- Nickelsburg, Monica. “Stay Alfred: The biggest short-term rental startup you’ve never heard of is on track for $25M in revenue this year.” GeekWire 7 Jul. 2016.
- “Rising Stars 2016: Jordan Allen.” Staff Report, Journal of Business 30 Jun. 2016, Local News Sec. Print.
- Lind, Treva. “Spokane’s Stay Alfred taking on hotels, Airbnb – and growing.” The Spokesman-Review 6 May 2016, A1. Print.
- Wade, Jessica, ed. “Downtown Makes Space for Entrepreneurs.” Downtown 25 Feb. 2016: 21. Print.
- Bjerken, LeAnn. “Stay Alfred doubles its rental properties portfolio.” Journal of Business 11 Feb. 2016, Local News sec. Print.
- Bishop, Robin. “Stay Alfred – Relax and Play Where You Stay.” Catalyst 14 Jan. 2016, Area Business & Updates. Print.
- Lukens, Teresa, prod. “American Cancer Society Partners Program.” Spokane Forum. 590 KQNT. KQNT, Spokane, 10 Jan. 2016. Radio.
- Minor, Nathaiel. “Airbnb Hosts, Denver Regulators Search For Middle Ground.” Colorado Matters. Prod. Kareem Maddox. Colorado Public Radio. KCFR, Denver, 5 Nov. 2015. Radio.
- Parish, Linn. “Jordan Allen of Stay Alfred: A Vacation-Stay Standout.” Journal of Business 5 Nov. 2015, Local News sec. Print.
- Trabun, Steve, and Ryan Arnold, prods. “Stay Alfred CEO Jordan Allen & Marketing Director Skyler Reep.” Entrepreneur Spotlight. Startup Spokane. Spokane, 4 Nov. 2015. Radio.
- Provence, Joe. “STAY ALFRED – PORTLAND.” LaFleur Magazine 9 June 2015. Print.
- Spitzer, Judith. “Stay Alfred Ramps up Its Staff in Spokane as Sales Increase.” Journal of Business 7 May 2015: A1. Print.
- Meyers, Sean. “If you’re going to do a startup, join the Army first,” Puget Sound Business Journal 11 November 2016
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals among the 100 fastest-growing companies in Washington, 16 Sep. 2016
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals named one of the best places to work, 7 Sep. 2016
- Stay Alfred makes Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, 17 Aug. 2016
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals Signs Master Lease on Vacant 49-Unit Apartment Building, 22 Jun. 2016
- Stay Alfred Opens Entire New Building of 49 New Orleans Vacation Rentals, 22 Jun. 2016
- Stay Alfred Opens New Downtown San Diego Vacation Rentals, 4 May 2016
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals Offers New Express Check-In Option for Guests, 29 Apr. 2016
- Stay Alfred Wins 16 Booking.com Awards, 13 Apr. 2016
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals Experiences 252% Growth in 2015 and Forecasts over 200% in 2016, 6 Jan. 2016
- Stay Alfred Donates to Help Babies on Guests’ Behalf, 30 Apr. 2015
- Stay Alfred to Attend Vacation Rental Management Association Western Seminar, 10 Apr. 2015
- Stay Alfred Vacation Rentals Keeps Growing in Boston, Mass, 18 Mar. 2015
- Stay Alfred Will Host Bowl & Pitcher Networking Event, 10 Mar. 2015
- Stay Alfred Opens More Brand New Portland Vacation Rentals, 2 Jan. 2015
- Stay Alfred Opens Hot New Denver Vacation Rentals, 31 Dec. 2014
- Stay Alfred Opens Vacation Rentals in San Antonio, 12 Dec. 2014
- Stay Alfred Doubles New Orleans Vacation Rental Inventory, 13 Nov. 2014
- Stay Alfred Opens Vacation Rentals in Boston, 30 Sep. 2014
Stay Alfred aims to provide the consistency of a hotel and the size and space of a vacation rental in desirable downtown locations with first-class modern amenities, attractive decor, 4-star housekeeping, and all the comforts of home. The company furnishes, manages, and maintains 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments in Class A residential buildings in the downtown districts of U.S. destination cities. Though the company strives to deliver a branded lodging experience, location is the prime determining factor in property selection. Stay Alfred seeks out highly desirable locations, so that its guests can enjoy the best locations in the city. For this reason, the company offers rentals in famous neighborhoods like Seattle’s Pike Place, Portland’s Pearl District, San Diego’s Little Italy, Boston’s Back Bay, near New Orleans’ French Quarter, San Antonio’s River Walk, and near the National Mall in D.C.
Jordan P. Allen, a former United States Army captain and Ranger, is president and CEO of Stay Alfred. He started the company in 2011 with Conrad Manfred after an experience he had when traveling with his family. Allen and his brother, Brooks, were able to coordinate their two week’s leave to meet with friends and family in Denver, Colorado, for the Colorado Rockies home opener. The initial plan was to rent five hotel rooms to accommodate the group, but they ended up renting a vacation rental overlooking Coors Field with enough room for everyone to stay comfortably. Jordan felt strongly that this kind of lodging was a major improvement on the traditional hotel room, so he partnered with an old high school friend and real estate professional, Manfred, to open the first Stay Alfred vacation rental in Spokane.
The first property was admittedly poorly decorated, but its excellent downtown location made it profitable. The profit from that first property was used to fund the next one, and so on. In this manner, Stay Alfred’s growth has been entirely self-funded.
In February of 2015, co-founder Conrad Manfred left Stay Alfred to pursue other opportunities.
- Founded: June 21, 2011 in Spokane, Washington, United States
- Founder and President: Jordan Allen
- Headquarters: Spokane, Washington, United States
- Number of locations: 387 vacation rental properties
- Areas Served:
- Boston, Mass.
- Dallas, Tex.
- Denver, Colo.
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Nashville, Tenn.
- New Orleans, La.
- Philadelphia, Penn.
- Portland, Ore.
- San Antonio, Tex.
- San Diego, Calif.
- Seattle, Wash.
- Washington, D.C.
- Annual Revenue: US$13.1M (2015)
- Number of Employees: 59 (2015)
- Slogan: Stay Smart. Stay Together.