Welcome to the Pearl District, the thriving hipster and business haven in downtown, Portland. Over the years, this exciting neighborhood has hosted some of Stay Alfred’s most popular vacation rentals. There’s quite a bit to do in the Pearl District, and with our condos’ incredible walk scores, you’ll be able to reach everything on foot! Here’s five of our favorite spots that we think you’ll enjoy:
- Jamison Square Park: Looking for a nice place to sip coffee, relax, and people watch? Stop by Jamison Square Park and enjoy the waterfall and arched pool. You’ll see children playing in the water and people playing bocce ball in a nearby court. Plenty of fun food and snack options surround you, including Starbucks, Cool Moon Ice Cream, Hot Lips Pizza, and Jamison Restaurant. 810 Northwest 11th Avenue, (503)823-7529
- Powell’s City of Books: Powell’s is a Portland legend. Founded in 1971, this humble bookstore has grown to take over an entire city block within the Pearl District. Even if you’re not looking to buy any books, Powell’s is still worth a visit. There’s a coffee shop and gift store inside. Be sure to check out the “rare books” section for a real treat. 1005 West Burnside Street, (503)228-4651
- Andina: Andina is truly one of Portland’s best restaurants. It has an astounding 4.5 stars on Yelp with over 2,000 reviews. (Although we know that it deserves 5 stars!) This impressive Peruvian spot has everything that we love about restaurants- incredible eats, an exotic wine list, friendly service, a swanky atmosphere, and occasionally live music. It’s Portland, so plenty of menu items are vegetarian friendly and gluten free. Trust us, you’ll love this place. Reservations recommended. 1314 Northwest Glisan Street, (503)228-9535
- Portland Center Stage (at Gerding Theater at the Armory): Looking for an artistic night out? Consider stopping by for a showing at Portland’s largest theater company. The shows are eclectic and fun, and often include classic stories like Anna Karenina or One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. Insider tip: Follow Portland Center Stage on social media closely and you might be able to catch free tickets! 128 Northwest 11th Avenue, (503)445-3700
- Deschutes Brewery Portland Public House: Portland’s own craft beer brand serves up delightful brews and pub fare at this comfortable urban spot. Not sure what type of beer you prefer? We recommend ordering a sampler flight. Also, their pretzel with mustard and cheese dip is a delicious snack. Looking for something a bit more quirky? Also stop by Rogue Distillery and Public House while you’re in Portlandia. (They even have Voodoo Doughnut inspired beer flavors!) 210 Northwest 11th Avenue, (503)296-4906
Not sure where to stay in Portland, Oregon? Skip the crowded hotel experience and opt to stay in a vacation rental with twice the amount of space for a comparable rate. Instead of sharing one room, enjoy a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with a living room, fully-equipped kitchen, and en suite laundry. When you stay at one of our high-rise rentals, Portland city views will surround you. Live like a local and Stay Smart with Stay Alfred. Give us a call any time of day at 866-232-3864 or click here to look more about our Portland condos.