6th Avenue - The Lofts at 655 Sixth - L62 - 107439
2 Bedroom 6th Avenue Apartment
The Gaslamp Quarter is San Diego’s playground for adults (and overgrown kids, too). It’s home to hundreds of unique shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs packed into 16 blocks of high-energy fun -- and your modern, high-end Stay Alfred on 6th Avenue puts it all right at your doorstep.
YOUR STAY ALFRED:
Do your tastes run toward modern, with open spaces and designer-inspired decor? This place is set to deliver the goods. When you’re not out exploring the Gaslamp Quarter, you’ll enjoy your Stay Alfred's loft style interior with high ceilings and stunning city views. So whether you’re in town for fun and want a stylish place to call home for a few days, or you’re heading here for business and want to make sure you’re close to the action, your 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Stay Alfred on 6th is your perfect San Diego vacation rental.
- A master bedroom with a king size bed and en-suite bathroom. For all practical purposes, it’s an entire hotel room right in your Stay Alfred.
- A guest bedroom with a queen-sized bed and shared bathroom. Your guests have it almost as good as you do.
- A queen-sized pull-out sofa in living area. There’s room for everyone!
- A full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and quartz or granite countertops. For stylish cooks.
- Free WiFi. We know it’s not a good idea to come between you and your internet.
- In-unit, stacked, front-loading washer and dryer. Make dirty clothing clean once more!
- Dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, ironing board/iron. An army of robots awaits to do your bidding.
- Cable TV. But of course -- and it’s free. (What are we, barbarians?)
- Air conditioning. Sometimes you feel like some heat. Sometimes you don’t.
- Floor to ceiling windows. Let in the gorgeous San Diego light.
As tempting as it is to rave on and on about this San Diego vacation rental’s Gaslamp Quarter location, the building itself is completely praiseworthy, too. Eight stories tall, this beautiful glass and concrete structure has ground-floor retail spaces that integrate gracefully into the surrounding neighborhood. Combine that with an impressive array of amenities, and you’ve got the perfect home base for exploring San Diego.
- Secure building and security staff. You won’t be bothered by encyclopedia salesmen. We promise.
- Elevator. Save your energy for dancing!
- Indoor/outdoor gym. For those of you who love to work out. Or for those of you who just tend to feel guilty when you don’t.
- Main floor lounge with coffee and TV. A nice place for guests to wait while you put the finishing touches on your evening look.
- Clubhouse with full kitchen and balcony. Why have all of those people up to your place if you don’t have to?
When it’s time to cut loose and enjoy life, San Diego loves to head to the Gaslamp Quarter. Stunning Victorian architecture coexists alongside sleek, modern high rises in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter, and the neighborhood’s attractions are equally diverse -- and always walkable. An evening at the symphony or theater is just steps away from tomorrow night’s boogie-fest at the club. You’ll definitely want to eat out while you’re in town, too, and the Gaslamp Quarter’s dozens of options -- from fine dining to casual but delicious -- mean that there’s something for any taste. Day or night, you’ll find that the streets are full of people who, like you, are here to have a good time enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes.
Distance to Popular Destinations
10 minute walk/0.5 miles to the Convention Center
12 minute walk/0.6 miles to Petco Park
22 minute walk/1.1 miles to the USS Midway Museum
5 minute walk/0.2 miles to Westfield Horton Plaza
Your grocery store - Albertson’s - 10 minute walk/0.5 mile
Your thrift grocery store that’s a little closer: Grocery Outlet - 7 minute walk/0.3 miles
Your coffee - Coffee & Art on 6th - 1 minute walk/300 feet
Your pharmacy - CVS - 2 minute walk/450 feet
Your urgent care - Gaslamp Medical Center - 2 minute cab ride/0.2 miles
353 5th Ave
6 minute walk/0.3 miles
In the mood for tapas-style Spanish food? Sevilla’s charming, romantic atmosphere makes for a perfect date-night spot -- especially if you’re there on a Saturday night for their Flamenco show (be sure to make a reservation). Come ready to outrageously good dishes like seafood or sausage paella, brochetas and carefully curated cheese plates.
707 G Street
2 minute walk/0.1 miles
While the breakfast here is so good that there’s’ generally a line out the door, you have a secret weapon at your disposal: proximity. Breakfast Republic is located right in your building, and if you’re up early, you can be enjoying your Linguica Sausage Scramble while everyone else is fiddling with their smartphones outside. Yum!
Double Standard Kitchenetta
695 6th Ave
1 minute walk/50 feet
Did you know that there’s another great restaurant living right in your building. Serving modern Italian food with strong California influences, DSK specializes in freshly made pizza and pasta. And while Italian is the dominant culinary style here, you’ll also find decidedly non-Italian selections (you can get a great burger here). Insider’s tip: try to get a window seat, so that you can enjoy some positively first-rate people watching.
527 5th Ave
3 minute walk/0.2 miles
If, like many people, Mexican would be your “have to eat it every day for the rest of your life” choice, take a short walk over to Don Chido, where you’ll enjoy fare that’s unbeatable -- from their wood-fired fresh catch of the day to their “OMG, you’ve got to try this” guacamole. The atmosphere is bright and fun, too, and it seems to practically shout, “how ‘bout a margarita.” Don’t mind if we do, Don Chido.
435 5th Ave
4 minute walk/0.2 miles
A favorite of those who love to “surf,” but equally satisfying for those who prefer more of a “turf” based meal, this is a dress-up-and-get-fancy sort of place -- great for either a date or for a business dinner with a client who’s desperately in need of impressing. Whether you’re ordering the Nigiri shrimp or the New York Strip, you’re bound to have an experience that’ll have you wanting to make a repeat visit.
If you’ve been daydreaming about a San Diego vacation -- or if you’re planning on traveling for business but want to add a little leisure to your nights -- this Stay Alfred on 6th puts the unique world of the Gaslamp Quarter right at your doorstep. With creature comforts above and beyond any mere hotel room, it’s ready for you to make it your place in the city. Book your San Diego vacation rental today!
- Business Center
- Sky Lounge