Sometimes a US city and county have the same geographical borders, so they’re described as coextensive. But the two geographical entities are still run separately. On the other hand, some American cities, like Denver, are constitutionally appointed as a consolidated city and county government. Let’s learn more about that as we explore the best vape shops in Denver.
Best Vape Shops in Denver
1. The Vape Loft
Denver is a consolidated city-county, which means it runs as both a city and a county. It has a mayor, 11 city council members, 13 district council members, and 2 ‘at large’ members as dictated by the Colorado Constitution. The only other consolidated city-county is Broomfield.
- Name: The Vape Loft
- Address: 116 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80209, United States
- Website: https://vapeloft.xyz
- Phone: +1 720-628-7077
- Hours: Mon to Thur: 10 am to 8 pm; Fri to Sat: 10 am to 10 pm; Sun: Noon to 8 pm
Vapes can be sold legally within this consolidated city and county, and the Vape Loft is a good spot to shop. Their stocks range from high-end glass pipes to pocket-friendly vape pods and pens. They even have quirky designs like the potato ray gun or the inflatable flamingo.
2. Broadway Smoke Shop
Denver is also part of a conurbation, which is several suburbs and towns merged and operated as a single unit. In this case, it’s the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood Metropolitan area. Denver itself had a little over 700K residents in 2020, an increase of about 20% from 2010.
- Name: Broadway Smoke Shop
- Address: 108 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80209, United States
- Website: https://thebroadwaysmokeshop.com
- Phone: +1 303-945-4677
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 9 am to Midnight; Friday to Saturday: 9 am to 1 am
Whether you want to sample something new or buy your favorite brand, Broadway Smoke Shop has you covered. This official distributor stocks Elf Bar, Esco Bar, Pachamama, R & M, Juice Head, and lots of other vapes. They also have custom vapes, mods, and e-cigarette rigs.
3. Vaper Jungle
Denver is a valley city with the High Plains on the east and the Rockies on the west. It’s also steeped in two waterways, the South Platte River and Cherry Creek. The city was named for James William Denver aka Jim, who was a Kansas Territory governor, lawyer, and soldier.
- Name: Vaper Jungle
- Address: 7033 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80220, United States
- Website: https://www.vaperjungle.com
- Phone: 963.5712
- Hours: 10 am to 6 pm Daily
Given all of Denver’s mountains, valleys, and waterways, the Vaper Jungle fits right into the landscape. They claim to have the largest selection in Denver, which is bold. But they back it up with the promise to order it for you if they don’t have it in stock, so you’re set either way!
4. Colorado Vapes & Glass Co.
Why was the city of Denver named after Jim? Well, at the time, Colorado was known as Kansas Territory, so the city named itself in his honor. They hoped this flattery would make him name Denver as a county seat, but that never happened. He later complained about it.
- Name: Colorado Vapes & Glass Co.
- Address: 1871 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80210, United States
- Website: https://coloradovapeco.com
- Phone: +1 303-722-0673
- Hours: 10 am to 6 pm Daily
Setting the governor aside for a moment, let’s discuss synthetic nicotine. While tobacco comes in loose leaves or rolled packages, e-nicotine comes as a liquid or oil that is either sealed in vape pods or dripped into glass pipes. Colorado Vapes & Glass Co. offers both.
5. Cignot Colorado
Getting back to Jim Denver for a moment, what were his protests? Well, he visited his namesake city in 1875 and 1882 but felt the citizens weren’t sufficiently welcoming. Oopsie! For reference, the name was initially selected by the city’s founder, William Larimer, Jr.
- Name: Cignot Colorado
- Address: 1412 W 38th Ave, Denver, CO 80211, United States
- Website: http://www.cignotcolorado.com
- Phone: +1 303-477-8273
- Hours: Mon to Fri: 10 am to 7 pm; Sat: 10 am to 5 pm; Sun: Noon to 5 pm
Larimer’s plan was to set up a city that served gold diggers and gamblers, so this self-proclaimed adults-only vape shop would fit right in! The shop isn’t as risqué as it sounds, but it does enforce its Over-21 policy so carry some ID if you’re blessed with an ageless babyface.
6. Mile High Vaping
Denver is often called the Mile High City because it sits one mile above sea level. It’s also known as the Queen City of the Plains/West because of its agricultural contribution. Denver Union Station sits on the 105th Meridian, so Denver is solidly in the Mountain Time Zone.
- Name: Mile High Vaping
- Address: 6476 W 20th Ave, Denver, CO 80214, United States
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/mile_high__vaping/
- Phone: +1 720-536-8845
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 9 am to 9 pm; Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
Mile High Vaping is – naturally – located in this city, and it offers nicotine hits that match the area’s altitude. They offer a broad range of glass pipes, bongs, hookahs, disposable vapes, and torch mods. They card customers though and have a strict Over-21 policy, so heads up.
7. Denver Vapor
The Denver-Aurora-Lakewood Metro covers 1o counties, and Denver is considered a Beta World City by the GaWC (Globalization and World Cities Research Network). This means Denver is a global hub in four key sectors: advertising, law, accounting, and finance/banking.
- Name: Denver Vapor
- Address: 550 E 13th Ave, Denver, CO 80203, United States
- Website: https://denvervapor550.com
- Phone: +1 720-328-6562
- Hours: 10 am to Midnight Daily
Denver also has a vibrant vaping culture, and no smoke shop exemplifies this better than the aptly named Denver Vapor. Its towering glass displays and hardwood chevron floors offer the perfect puffing atmosphere. And they have a massive selection of experimental flavors.
8. Hush Vapor
Bureaucracy is puzzling, and Denver does get affected. For instance, as we mentioned, the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood conurbation has 10 counties. But the Denver-Aurora conurbation, which, intuitively, should be smaller, actually has 12 counties including Greeley and Boulder.
- Name: Hush Vapor
- Address: 1908 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206, United States
- Website: https://www.hushvaporlounge.com
- Phone: +1 303-233-9300
- Hours: 10 am to 8 pm Daily
Befuddling borderlines aside, Hush Vapor is a great place to get some peace and quiet as you lose yourself in a puff of dense clouds and flavored fumes. It’s one spot where a foggy lack of visibility is an incredibly desirable thing, and they have hundreds of tasty plumes to offer.
9. Denver’s C Smokes and Vapes
All those border issues aside, the U.S. News & World Report declared Denver as the best place to live in 2016. This report also ranks the best US colleges, universities, hospitals, states, and even cars. Their listings are quite popular and can influence migration patterns.
- Name: Denver’s C Smokes and Vapes
- Address: 1014 S Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80219, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/people/Denver-Vapes-Pipes-and-Tobacco-Store/100037075757018/
- Phone: +1 303-922-8000
- Hours: 9 am to 9 pm Daily
While we’re on the subject of rankings and shortlists, we can’t go through the best vape shops in Denver without mentioning Denver’s C Smokes and Vapes. They offer the biggest batch of electronic cigarettes, vapes, accessories, and they dabble in regular tobacco too.
10. HQ Vape & Smoke
Denver was initially occupied by several Native American tribes including the Apaches, Arapahoes, Cheyennes, Comanches, and Utes. It had indigenous names. The Arapho called the area Niineniiniicie while the Ute called it Tüapü and the Navajo called it Kʼįįshzhíníńlį́.
- Name: HQ Vape & Smoke
- Address: 611 E 13th Ave, Denver, CO 80203, United States
- Website: https://420hq.com/smokeshop-locations/denver-co/
- Phone: +1 303-968-1728
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 10 pm; Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm
Water is life. It keeps us hydrated, feeds our crops, and helps us stay clean. So the confluence of waterways made Denver the headquarters of all its inhabitants, from Native Americans to miners and railroad workers. HQ Vape & Smoke follows that tradition as a 420 vaping hub.
11. Vapergate Denver
As foreign settlers established permanent residencies, Native Americans were forced to sign treaties handing over their land, then pushed into reservations by the federal government. As gold was discovered in Colorado, the borders of these reservations were squashed even more.
- Name: Vapergate Denver
- Address: 1950 S Holly St #6, Denver, CO 80222, United States
- Website: https://vapergate.net
- Phone: +1 720-400-1393
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 9 pm; Sunday: 11 am to 6 pm
Controversial scenarios are often tagged with the -gate suffix, as in Watergate, Gamergate, etc. So as we let this messy reservation situation sink in, let’s take a breather at Vapergate. This shop is known for its colorful branding and off-beat options like … nicotine toothpicks.
Let’s go back to William Larimer. He was a land speculator drawn in by the gold rush. He had hoped to set up the city as a mining hub. But he couldn’t get Jim Denver’s attention because the governor had resigned by then and no longer had any real political influence.
- Name: Vaporcore
- Address: 4400, 2120 S Broadway Unit G, Denver, CO 80210, United States
- Website: https://vaporcore.myshopify.com
- Phone: +1 720-229-4612
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 9 am to 10 pm; Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm
Jim may have left the core of power, but this vape shop retains its hold on the e-nicotine space. It has two outlets – one in Denver and one in Greeley, part of the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Statistical area. We mentioned Greeley earlier, and it’s equally vape-friendly.
Initially, Denver served as a frontier town built around dry goods stores, livestock depots, saloons, and gambling dens that targeted miners and speculators. Over time, the railroad brought in millionaires and workers from Germany, China, and Italy, plus blacks and Latinx.
- Name: Meadowlark64
- Address: 2701 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205, United States
- Website: https://www.meadowlark64.com
- Phone: +1 720-456-7028
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 8 pm; Sunday: Noon to 8 pm
For many of these newcomers, Denver seemed like a much greener pasture full of meadows and birds. Meadowlark 64 feeds into this idea of paradise. Its fumes and flavors lift your mood and delight your senses. And some of their glass pipes look downright psychedelic.
Did we forget any of the best vape shops in Denver? Remind us in the comments section!