Whether you enjoy urban adventures or exploring nature, Denver has plenty of exciting activities for the whole family. Take some time during your stay to get out there and experience everything that the Mile High City has to offer! Here are five of our favorite things to do when we are in town:
- Shopping at 16th Street Mall: At 1.7 miles long, the 16th Street Mall is the longest outdoor mall in the U.S. Considered a pedestrian area, but if you don’t feel like walking you can hop on and off the free shuttle that runs the entire length of the mall. The heart of the mall is the Denver Pavilions, a collection of over 40 shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues including a bowling alley and movie theater
- Rent a B-Cycle: Denver boasts more than 850 miles of paved, off-road trails that connect to hundreds of additional miles of dirt trails, as well as dozens of notable attractions. You can rent a bike using the Denver B-Cycle, an automated bicycle sharing system with 700 bikes and 82 stations throughout the city. Some of the most popular rides are the Cherry Creek path and Washington Park. See why the Mile High City is a paradise for cyclists!
- Brewery Tour: More than 200 distinct beers are crafted in Denver daily and there are more than 50 brewpubs and breweries in the area, so exploring local pubs and tasting rooms is a great way to sample the true flavor of the city. Try a guided tour to get a true behind-the-scenes experience, complete with plenty of beer samples. The most popular are the Brews Cruise and Banjo Billy’s Brewery Tour, they’ll even drive you and your friends from stop to stop.
- Visit Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: Located just 10 miles west of Denver, Red Rocks is widely considered to be the best outdoor music venue in the world. The amphitheatre is nestled among the giant red sandstone outcroppings where the scenery is breathtaking and the acoustics are superb. Besides music, the venue also hosts yoga classes, a summer film series, and even Easter sunrise service. Definitely worth a visit even if you don’t get a chance to see a concert.
- Catch a game: Denver is a big-time sports town, in fact it’s one of only 12 cities to have teams in four major sports (5 if you count the MLS, which plenty of Rapids fans do). Any time of the year you can find an exciting game to watch and thousands of cheering fans to watch it with. You’ve got the Broncos at Sports Authority Field (locals still call it Mile High Stadium), the Rockies at Coors Field, and the Avalanche and Nuggets at the Pepsi Center.
Are you planning a trip to Denver? Click here to check out all of our great vacation rentals.