Your version of Internet Explorer isn't supported by StayAlfred.com. Download a compatible web browser.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Welcome to your Stay Alfred travel apartment. We’re so excited to host you!
So, this is our Rental Agreement. And, although we’ve tried to make this Agreement easier to read than most legal agreements, it’s still a legal document. So please read it carefully, as it’s a binding agreement that governs (a) your Reservation with us (which we’ll call the “Reservation”), (b) our cancellation policy, (c) the fees associated with violating our rules, and (d) the other terms and conditions governing your stay with us at one of our “Rental Units.” For convenience, we’ll refer to this Agreement throughout as either the “Rental Agreement” or, simply, the “Agreement.” Also, we’ll refer to ourselves (which includes our employees, officers, and agents) as “Stay Alfred” or “we” or “us” and we’ll refer to you as either our “Guest” or, simply, “you.”
So, again, WELCOME!! Let’s start with a few basics:
How to stay like a local (minus the local).
There are so many awesome things to see, do, eat, and drink just steps away from your Rental Unit. That being said, to help you have the best stay possible, we have a few tips for you on staying the Stay Alfred way:
Other than that, almost anything goes (using basic common sense, of course)! So, get out there and explore! Need some advice on local eats, activities, etc.? We’re happy to help. Download our app on the Apple or Google Play store, chat us via our website, or call 866-232-3864 anytime. We want all of our guests to have the most amazing stay. Thank you for choosing Stay Alfred.
Here are the basic terms and conditions for your stay, as well as a list of fees associated with each violation of this Agreement (not that you'll need it!):
1. AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND. This Agreement defines our terms and conditions. By booking a Rental Unit from Stay Alfred, you’re agreeing to: (a) accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (b) follow the rules; and (c) accept the consequences described in this Agreement if you break the rules.
2. TERM OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement takes effect when you make your Reservation, continues through 3:00 p.m. local time on your check-in date, and expires upon relinquishment of the Rental Unit. Early check-ins and late check-outs must be authorized in writing by a representative of Stay Alfred.
3. REQUIRED PAYMENT. The amount of your first payment is dependent upon how close your check-in date is to your booking date. Here’s how it works:
a. RESERVATIONS BOOKED 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE. Reservations booked thirty (30) days or more in advance of your check-in date require a payment of thirty percent (30%) of the total rental charges, due at the time the Reservation is booked. This payment is non-refundable unless you cancel within 24 hours of booking. Stay Alfred will automatically collect the balance of the amount owed for your rental charge
30 days prior to your check-in date.
b. RESERVATIONS BOOKED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF CHECK-IN DATE. If you’re booking within 30 days of your check-in date, full payment of your rental charge is due when you book your Reservation.
4. CANCELLATION. Need to cancel your Reservation? Here’s a rundown of our policy:
Q: Are you canceling your Reservation within 24 hours of booking your Reservation?
A: You’re entitled to a full refund.
Q: Are you canceling your Reservation at least 30 days prior to your check-in date, but more than 24 hours after you booked your Reservation?
A: You will not be entitled to a refund of the 30% payment, which, again, is non-refundable, but you will receive no further charges from us. Did we mention the 30% payment is non-refundable? (NOTE: we took a poll in the office to see how many times we could use “non-refundable” in one paragraph).
Q: Are you cancelling your Reservation less than 30 days prior to your check-in date?
A: If so, this is where it gets a little complicated. Let’s break it down...if you need to cancel your Reservation less than 30 days prior to check-in, you might receive a refund for the amount in excess of the non-refundable 30% payment.
BUT, the amount of any refund you might get will depend on the rate at which you booked your Reservation and the number of nights of your Reservation. IF we’re able to re-book the Rental Unit you are canceling, then we’ll refund you the amount per night we were able to re-book.
BUT, the lawyers want us to make it clear that you are not guaranteed a refund, and Stay Alfred has no obligation to re-book or to attempt to re-book the unit. But, if we do, and we rent it out, you’ll be eligible for a partial refund. That’s the best we can do for these types of cancellations.
5. RESERVATION CHANGES. Changes to your Reservation made more than 30 days prior to your check-in date may be allowed at the sole discretion of Stay Alfred. However, if the changes to your Reservation involve decreasing the number of nights booked, you may receive a full or partial refund – see Section 4(c) above for details.
6. PAYMENT COLLECTION. If Stay Alfred doesn’t receive your initial 30% payment within 24 hours of booking, we’ll consider your Reservation to be canceled. Your Reservation will also be considered canceled if we don’t collect full payment within 5 days of the payment due date. Stay Alfred will make a reasonable effort to contact you with payment issues. If your Reservation is canceled for failure to pay, you’ll forfeit any payments you’ve already made.
7. SUBSTITUTION OF ACCOMMODATIONS. Unforeseen circumstances may cause your confirmed Rental Unit to become unavailable, and Stay Alfred reserves the right to substitute a different Rental Unit. We’ll make every effort to ensure that your accommodations are of equivalent value. If Stay Alfred can’t find replacement accommodations, we’ll notify you as soon as reasonably possible and we’ll refund any payments you’ve made.
8. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION. To book one of our Rental Units, you’ll need to provide Stay Alfred with a credit card number as a guarantee of payment. You agree to pay the rent and any charges associated with the unit. You also agree, upon request, to submit a credit card authorization for proving ownership of the payment method provided; failure to provide such information may result in a cancellation of your reservation and will be treated as a guest-initiated cancellation. You also understand that costs, legal or otherwise, incurred by Stay Alfred related to the actions of you or your party will be charged to your credit card, and you authorize Stay Alfred to make such charges.
9. OCCUPANCY LIMITS. Please respect the occupancy limits listed below, unless the Online Travel Agent you booked with has listed a different number:
a. One-bedroom Rental Unit: 4 persons
b. Two-bedroom Rental Unit: 6 persons
c. Three-bedroom Rental Unit: 8 persons
10. PUBLIC RECORDS CHECK. Stay Alfred conducts a public-records search on all prospective occupants of our Rental Units. To do so, we’ll need each occupant’s full name, date of birth and, when requested by Stay Alfred, a government-issued photo ID. Stay Alfred reserves the right to cancel a Reservation if the public records search shows any information that we, at our sole discretion, feel would increase the risk of damage to our Rental Units. We also reserve the right to share all occupants’ names, Rental Unit assignment, and arrival/departure dates with the property owner, who also has the right to cancel your Reservation. Stay Alfred reserves the right to share with property staff the names of occupants who are authorized to be on the property. If cancellation occurs as a result of a public records search, you will be entitled to a full refund.
11. MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to make a Reservation, and the Guest who made the Reservation must be present for the duration of the stay. If the Guest who made the Reservation isn’t present during the stay, occupants may be removed from the Rental Unit and the Reservation may be canceled without refund.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATION. If you make your Reservation fraudulently, or through misrepresentation of fact, your Reservation will be canceled, and you’ll lose any payments you’ve made. You agree that Stay Alfred will not be liable for any injury or damage to property or people that results from such a Reservation, and you agree to indemnify Stay Alfred as described in Section 25 of this Agreement.
13. ANIMALS. Sadly, Stay Alfred does not allow pets in any of its Rental Units. If you violate this rule, you’ll be fined for bringing your pet and for any damage caused by your pet. If you plan on traveling with a service animal or an emotional support animal, Stay Alfred will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs, as required by law.
14. SMOKING. Smoking or vaping of any substance, legal or otherwise, is prohibited in your Rental Unit, on balconies, and in the property’s common areas.
15. EXCESSIVE NOISE. Stay Alfred is committed to respecting our neighbors and to promoting a peaceful, safe, memorable experience for all our guests. You agree to refrain from any activities that would disrupt the peace of neighboring properties and rental units. In other words, no excessive noise, smells, lights…you get it. Keep your stuff to yourself.
You agree to comply with the property’s rules, including quiet hours, and to all local noise regulations. We may use technology, such as NoiseAware, to monitor volume levels in the Rental Unit. (Don’t worry: NoiseAware is incapable of eavesdropping on you. It only measures sound amplitude and it can’t record or transmit words.) If law enforcement or the building staff are called because of the actions of you or your party, it’s at your sole risk and expense, and it may result in additional charges and/or immediate eviction without a refund for any unused nights.
16. PROHIBITED CONDUCT. You, other occupants of the Rental Unit, and any guests, invited or otherwise (“your party”), agree not to break the law or engage in activities that may disturb or threaten the rights, comfort, health, safety, or convenience of others, including Stay Alfred employees, building staff, building residents, or other Stay Alfred guests. Prohibited conduct includes, without limitation, the following activities: disrupting Stay Alfred’s business operations; verbal or physical harassment; manufacturing, delivering, possessing with intent to deliver, or otherwise possessing a controlled substance or drug paraphernalia; engaging in or threatening violence; possessing a weapon prohibited by state law; discharging a firearm in the apartment community; displaying or possessing a gun, knife, or other weapon in the common area in a way that may alarm others; storing anything in utility closets that house any gas appliances; tampering with utilities or telecommunications; bringing hazardous materials into the apartment community; or taking any action that would injure or derogate from Stay Alfred’s reputation in any way, including making any untrue allegations against Stay Alfred to others, whether online or otherwise.
17. EVICTION. You are responsible for the actions of your party, whether those actions take place in the Rental Unit or on the property. You and your party may be evicted by Stay Alfred, the building’s management, or other lawful authorities for violating the rules of conduct set forth in Section 16 of this Agreement. You and your party can also be evicted for failure to vacate the Rental Unit by checkout time, for failure to pay required fees, for failing to comply with any of the rules listed in this Agreement, for failure to adhere to the property’s rules, for smoking in the Rental Unit or on the balconies, for the presence of unauthorized pets in your Rental Unit, for noise violations or for disturbing the peace, or for unlawful actions of you or your party.
18. GUEST LIABILITY. You are responsible for insuring your personal items and those of any occupants and people you invite to your Rental Unit. You agree to be held liable for damage to your Rental Unit and its contents that occurs during your stay, excluding normal wear and tear. If your actions or the actions of your party cause the Rental Unit to become uninhabitable, you agree to pay the cost to repair and the posted nightly rate until the Rental Unit becomes habitable again.
19. USE OF PREMISES AND AMENITIES. While you’re staying with us, you agree to follow the property’s rules, including those pertaining to the use of swimming pools, saunas, spas, exercise rooms, and laundry facilities. Importantly, glass containers are prohibited in pool areas. You are responsible for keeping your Rental Unit neat and orderly. The Rental Unit and common areas are to be used for residential purposes only, and no commercial, industrial or retail activity can be conducted unless authorized in writing by Stay Alfred. Stay Alfred is not responsible for amenities or services that are closed, out of service, or cannot be used for any reason. No refunds shall be issued for such unavailability of amenities or services.
20. VACATING. When your Reservation expires, you agree to vacate the Rental Unit – voluntarily and peacefully. And, you agree to leave the Rental Unit clean and in good condition, excluding ordinary wear and tear, of course.
21. REFUNDS FOR ISSUES OUTSIDE STAY ALFRED’S CONTROL. Some things are out of Stay Alfred’s control, and we won’t issue refunds for them. This list includes, but isn’t limited to: (a) environmental noise; (b) personal emergencies of Guest; (c) flight delays or other travel-related issues; (d) inclement weather; (e) internet or cable connectivity problems; (f) any states of emergency or government-declared evacuations; or (g) any delay or failure caused by acts of God or other causes beyond Stay Alfred’s reasonable control, including fire, flood, earthquake, accident, storm, explosions, strike or labor dispute, act of war, and terrorism. Any such event, and any other event specifically identified in this Agreement, shall be deemed a “force majeure” event.
22. DAMAGES. If there’s damage to your Rental Unit, you agree to report it to Stay Alfred immediately by calling Stay Alfred at 1.866.232.3864. Any damage to the Rental Unit or the property by you or your party will be charged to your credit card. Broken or missing items will be included in these charges.
23. REPORTING OF PROBLEMS. If you experience a problem with your Rental Unit during your stay, report it to Stay Alfred by calling 1.866.232.3864. We’ll do our best to fix the problem. If the problem wasn’t fixed, notify us in writing within 7 days of your check out date. If we don’t hear from you by then, we won’t be liable and we won’t issue refunds.
24. NATURE OF OCCUPANCY. This Agreement does not give you rights as a tenant, and Stay Alfred retains the right to control, manage, and possess the Rental Unit. You do not have the right to exclude Stay Alfred from the Rental Unit, and, at the expiration of this Agreement, Stay Alfred has the right to remove anyone in the Rental Unit as trespassers.
25. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Stay Alfred and its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, and agents from and against any damages, claims, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) and liabilities, whether for personal injury, property damage or otherwise, arising (a) in relation to this Agreement or a breach thereof, or (b) from any act or omission of Guest, Rental Unit occupants or any invitees of Guest, provided that Guest’s indemnity obligations shall not extend to any situation caused by the negligent or willful acts of Stay Alfred.
26. WAIVER. The waiver by Stay Alfred of any breach by Guest of the provisions of this Agreement shall not constitute a continuing waiver or a waiver of any subsequent breach by Guest of the same provision or any other provision in this Agreement.
27. RIGHT OF ENTRY. Stay Alfred and the building property staff have the right to enter your Rental Unit if necessary.
28. TERMS. The section headings in this document are not limiting and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. Whenever the singular number is used in this Agreement, and when required by the context, the same shall include the plural and vice versa, and the masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter genders and vice versa.
29. SEVERABILITY. Each provision of this Agreement is an independent clause, and if any one provision is unenforceable, that doesn’t affect the enforceability of any other provision.
30. FORCE MAJEURE. Neither of us is liable for failure to meet the terms of this Agreement if it’s due to force majeure (i.e. an “Act of God”), provided that reasonable efforts are made to notify the other party about such an event and its expected duration.
31. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. We both agree that this Agreement contains our entire understanding with respect to your booking with Stay Alfred and supersedes any other agreement between us, whether written or oral. Neither one of us can change or amend this Agreement without the other’s written consent.
32. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. We both agree that the sole venue for any mediation or judicial action related to this Agreement shall be in Spokane County, Washington. We both consent to personal jurisdiction of the courts in Spokane, Washington.
33. ATTORNEYS’ FEES. The prevailing party in any lawsuit arising from or relating to this Agreement is entitled to recover its costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
ADDITIONAL FEE SCHEDULE:
|ISSUE||FEE (all charges in $USD, unless otherwise noted)|
|Unauthorized Late Check Out||Up to the cost of any impacted nights subsequent to originally scheduled check-out|
|Smoking in Room/Common Area||$500.00 minimum charge and eviction from Rental Unit|
|Excessive Cleaning||Up to $125.00 per hour of additional cleaning needed|
|Damaged or Missing Items||Varies depending on cost of item|
|Missing Keys||$50.00 minimum charge|
|Missing Fob||$150.00 minimum charge|
|Missing Parking Pass/Garage Remote||$100.00 minimum charge|
|Unauthorized Pets||$250.00 plus any damages or additional cleaning costs incurred|
|Noise Complaints||Complaint: potential warning issued or, if necessary, eviction with no refund and a charge of up to $1,000.00|
|Party in Unit or Common Area||Up to $2,000.00 plus any damages to Stay Alfred|
|Forgotten Personal Belongings||$75.00 minimum charge|