“It’s not you, it’s me.”
“We’re just on two different paths right now.”
“I think we should see other people.”
Our heart goes out to you, hotels. But the fact is more and more travelers are breaking up with you and finding themselves in the loving embrace of our travel apartments.
Let’s take a closer look…
“It’s not you, it’s me.” aka “I deserve better than a hotel room.”
“We’re just on two different paths right now.” aka “I’m living my best life and you’re not evolving.”
“I think we should see other people.” aka “Sorry, but Stay Alfred gets me.”
Travelers by the troves are celebrating their new freedom provided by travel apartments; booking stays, listening to Lizzo on the plane, hitting that self check-in, and exploring the sights, sounds and tastes of new cities.
We’re here to celebrate right alongside you amazing folks with the Break Up with Hotels Giveaway. It’s time to move on to bigger and better things, and we’re giving away a 2-night stay at any of our Stay Alfred locations.*
Here’s how to enter:
- Navigate on over to the official giveaway post on our Instagram
- Comment on the post with the city you’d like to visit AND tag your best travel bud to join in on the fun (yep, we’re now in 33 cities!)
- Make sure you Follow us aka click that Follow button
We’ll announce the winner on Instagram on Friday, September 27, 2019. *See full Terms & Conditions below.
But don’t just take it from us – hear from travelers who have seen the light:
"This was such a wonderful find for our stay to Dallas. Because we were traveling with another couple and a child, we didn't want to book hotel rooms and be split up. By having the opportunity to share a unit but have separate spaces and the ability to do laundry, cook, etc. it was wonderful! Great location as well in Dallas, close to everything!" - guest review of our Stay Alfred on Elm Street property by Abs21 on Booking.com
"We really enjoyed all this location had to offer from the rooftop views to the pool table and outdoor seating! Also, walked to dinner and brunch due to the convenient downtown location! Such a unique way to see the city and stay in accommodations other than a hotel!" - Expedia review of Stay Alfred on Marquette Avenue in Minneapolis by guest Tamara
"The Stay Alfred on 2nd Street has great apartments available and they have worked out perfectly for our business trips to Minneapolis. They are cost effective over a hotel, especially when we have 2 business travelers. There are a lot of excellent restaurants nearby and the neighborhood has an updated industrial charm. The customer service was timely and efficient, even when we had a concern at check-in late at night." - review of our Stay Alfred on N 2nd Street travel apartments in Minneapolis by an Expedia guest
“So, what’s the difference between Stay Alfred and a hotel?” We love that we get this question all the time. The short answer: The Stay Alfred travel apartment is redefining the way travelers experience a city.
Unlike that boxy hotel room, every Stay Alfred travel apartment features a full kitchen, in-unit laundry and a living room, giving you more space to feel at home when you’re on the road or in vacation mode. Plus, travelers can choose from studios to multiple bedrooms, making that solo trip or group vacay a breeze; you can stay together and hang in the living room or kitchen, but still have your own bedroom – it’s more affordable and downright fun.
Used to booking that hotel room and hitting the pool or gym? We’ve got your covered. Every property where we offer travel apartments has something special to offer. Sure there are pools and gyms, but we’re also talking about amenities designed to spoil, like rooftop terraces, game rooms, hidden speakeasies, and movie theaters.
What about check-in, housekeeping or room service? Our travel apartments are about giving you freedom while still being hospitality ninjas behind the scenes. We offer self check-in through our app, so no lines, no snooty receptionist – just you checking in and doing your thing.
Next up, housekeeping. It’s true – we don’t have daily housekeeping during your stay, but we do supply you with towels, bathroom amenities, dish soap, trash bags – pretty much everything you need. And if you ever need more of anything, our local city staff can always swing by and replenish.
Last but not least – the decadently infamous room service. Why pay premium for that club sandwich? You have the freedom to order up UberEats, Postmates, DoorDash – the world is your oyster (go ahead, even order oysters!).
Feel like your hotel rewards points have you locked in to never leaving? We’ve launched the first-ever loyalty program in the alternative accommodation industry with Stay Alfred Rewards – where for every 10 nights you stay you get 1 night free. But then we went ahead and added the Green Suitcase Society; all members of our Rewards program are also members of the Green Suitcase Society complete with special event invites, exclusive offers, even product testing opportunities.
Learn more about the Stay Alfred travel experience here.
*Stay Alfred, Inc.
Break Up with Hotels Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Stay Alfred Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) shall only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
1. How to Enter. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is not a skill-based Sweepstakes, and chance does play a part in the determination of the winner. To enter the Sweepstakes, entrant must (i) comment on the official “Giveaway” post on Stay Alfred’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stayalfred; (ii) comment with which city they’d like to stay in; (iii) tag at least one person’s Instagram profile that they would like to travel with; and (iv) follow Stay Alfred’s Instagram account. All submissions shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Submissions” or individually as a “Submission.”
3. Start / End Dates. Sweepstakes shall begin at 12:00 PM PST on September 5, 2019, and shall end at 5:00 PM PST on September 26, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. Eligibility. Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are, at the time of entry, 21 years of age or older are eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies, its judging organization, manufacturers, or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, and spouses) are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This Sweepstakes is intended to be viewed solely within the United States and the rights and obligation herein shall be governed by, and construed and evaluated in accordance with, the laws of the United States. Entrants are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if entrants are not located within the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. Winner Determination. The Prize winner will be determined in a random drawing from among all valid entries. The drawing will be held on September 26, 2019, by representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received in total. Subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected at random.
6. Prize Details. One (1) grand prize (“Prize”) will be awarded, consisting of a two (2) night stay at a Stay Alfred, Inc. property based on availability (USD approximate retail value may vary and is based on availability). Prize only valid on stays before May 31, 2020, and therefore, must be redeemed on or before May 31, 2020. Blackout dates do apply; for complete blackout dates, availability, and booking, each winner may consult a Stay Alfred Reservations Specialist. Winner must agree to be bound by these Official Rules as a condition of being awarded the Prize. Prize does not include any travel expenses or federal, state, and local taxes, which shall be the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any portion thereof with a Prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prizes.
7. Notification. Winner chosen via random drawing on September 26, 2019, will be announced via the Stay Alfred Instagram profile on September 27, 2019. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of Prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, winner fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release as specified above, if Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules and requirements, such Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Once winner has signed and returned the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and his/her eligibility has been confirmed, Prize will be delivered.
8. Use of Winner’s Name; Limitation of Liability. Winner agrees that (except where prohibited) Sponsor may use winner’s name, picture, portrait, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, statements, and voice in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and promotional purposes without further notice or compensation. Sponsor, its promotional and advertising agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by winner for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasions of privacy, and merchandise delivery. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Washington, City and County of Spokane. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Spokane in the State of Washington. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may award Prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension or take such other action as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Sponsor and its promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; website, Internet, or ISP unavailability; unauthorized human intervention; fraud; or incomplete, garbled, inaccurate, or delayed computer transmissions or capture of entry information whether caused by Sponsor, entrants, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage an entrant’s computer or system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes or affect the determination of the winner. No automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted; any such attempted form of entry is prohibited. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with the entry process, cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including without limitation the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state, and local laws. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Taxes. All federal, state, and local taxes and other tax obligations are the responsibility of the winner, as applicable. Winner should consult with their tax advisor for any tax obligations associated with the Prize.
10. Conditions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant and winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury, damage and/or death that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, which may occur in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on copyright, trademark, false endorsement, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Each winner hereby acknowledges that Released Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other cause outside of Sponsor's reasonable control. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
12. Winner List. To obtain winner information, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2019, to Stay Alfred at 2818 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216 re: Stay Alfred Break Up with Hotels Sweepstakes.
13. Sponsor. Stay Alfred, Inc.
Address: 2818 N Sullivan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Email: [email protected]