Are you looking for family-friendly things to do in Nashville during your vacation? We understand; honky-tonking and raucous music shows are a lot of fun, but it’s not really something you can bring the kids to. Here are 5 exciting events that the whole family will enjoy:
- Monster Jam, Jan. 3-4, Bridgestone Arena: What could be more exciting than 10,000-pound machines soaring through the air and smashing things? Nothing, that’s what. If you’ve never been to a monster truck show, this is your chance. It’s more fun than you think and a sure hit with the kits.
- The Wizard of Oz, Jan. 17, Franklin Theatre: You’ll fall in love all over again with this clever, modern, and exciting stage adaptation of Dorothy’s adventures in the wonderful land of Oz. This production is being performed by the Act Too Players, made up of kids between the ages of 8-18.
- The World Famous Harlem Globetrotters, Jan. 9, Nashville Municipal Auditorium: Did you know that Pope John Paul II was made an Honorary Globetrotter in the year 2000? This year they’re taking fan participation to the extreme by letting the fans pick the rules.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Jan. 23-25, Bridgestone Arena: The circus is coming to town! Experience unimaginable family fun as amazing performers from around the globe perform awe-inspiring feats of daring, spectacles of strength, and thrills of wonder. Rumor has it this year’s show includes a Unicorn, a Pegasus, and a Woolly Mammoth!
- Blue Man Group, Jan 6-8, Tennessee Performing Arts Center: Although impossible to describe, people of all ages agree that Blue Man Group is an intensely exciting and wildly outrageous show that combines comedy, music and technology to produce a totally unique form of entertainment.
Still planning your Nashville vacation? See all of our Nashville Vacation Rentals here