Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Charlottesville, Virginia, offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty that attracts visitors from around the world. Known for its vibrant downtown area, University of Virginia, and rich historical sites like Monticello and Ash Lawn-Highland, Charlottesville promises a memorable experience for every traveler. Choosing the perfect accommodation is essential to make the most out of your trip, and the city’s diverse options cater to varied tastes and preferences.
From quaint bed & breakfasts to luxurious hotels, Charlottesville’s accommodations provide the ideal backdrop for exploring this charming city. Guests can stay in the heart of downtown at 200 South Street Inn or experience the elegance of The Inn at Court Square, both of which are just steps away from local shops, restaurants, and attractions. For visitors seeking proximity to the University of Virginia, options like the Oakhurst Inn or Dinsmore House Bed & Breakfast are perfect choices.
The city’s culinary scene is another reason to love Charlottesville, as it offers an incredible array of dining options that celebrate the region’s local ingredients and diverse flavors. Savor farm-to-table cuisine and Virginia wines, explore the bustling farmers’ markets, or sample the many craft breweries and cideries that call this region home. With a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, Charlottesville is a destination that invites exploration and leaves visitors longing to return.
Where To Stay
The Downtown Mall in Charlottesville is a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly area filled with shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. This historic district offers a range of lodging options, from boutique hotels like Quirk to charming bed & breakfasts such as 200 South Street Inn.
Fun Fact: The Downtown Mall is one of the longest pedestrian malls in the United States, spanning eight city blocks.
Things to do: Catch a live performance at one of the many venues, browse art galleries, or enjoy outdoor dining at a local restaurant.
Located just southeast of Downtown Mall, Belmont is a trendy, up-and-coming neighborhood with a mix of residential homes and local businesses. Belmont offers visitors unique accommodations, such as The Inn at Court Square.
Interesting Story: Belmont was once a separate village that was annexed by the City of Charlottesville in the early 1900s.
Things to do: Enjoy farm-to-table dining at one of the several local restaurants or visit Belmont Park for a relaxing afternoon outdoors.
East of downtown Charlottesville, Pantops is a growing suburban area close to shopping centers and scenic attractions. This neighborhood offers budget-friendly accommodations like Reid Ridge Lodge.
Fun Fact: Pantops is named after the historic Pantops estate, dating back to the 18th century.
Things to do: Visit scenic parks like Pen Park and Darden Towe Park, or explore nearby historic sites such as Michie Tavern and Monticello.
Nestled along the Rivanna River, the Woolen Mills neighborhood offers a blend of industrial charm and natural beauty. Stay in unique accommodations such as The Inn at 400 West High while exploring this picturesque area.
Interesting Story: Woolen Mills was once the site of a thriving textile industry, with a large mill operating from the 1800s until the mid-1900s.
Things to do: Take advantage of the excellent outdoors opportunities with hiking and biking along the Rivanna Trail or enjoy kayaking on the river.
When visiting Charlottesville, Virginia, there are a variety of accommodations to choose from, depending on your budget and preferences. In this section, we have divided the hotel recommendations into three categories: Luxury Hotels, Mid-Range Hotels, and Budget Hotels. No matter which option you choose, we hope you enjoy your stay in this charming city!
For those seeking a luxurious experience while in Charlottesville, consider staying at the Omni Charlottesville Hotel. Located just two blocks away from the Jefferson Theater in the heart of downtown, this hotel features two pools, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and yoga kits available in rooms
Another option is Boar’s Head Resort, a magnificent property set on 573 acres, offering an unforgettable experience with exceptional dining, an award-winning spa, and unique recreational activities such as tennis, golf, and hot air balloon rides.
For travelers seeking comfortable accommodations without breaking the bank, consider staying at Hyatt Place Charlottesville. This hotel offers spacious rooms, a 24-hour fitness center, and a convenient location near shopping centers and local attractions.
Another great option is the Residence Inn by Marriott Charlottesville Downtown. This extended-stay hotel features well-equipped suites with full kitchens, making it an ideal choice for families or those planning to stay for a longer duration.
If you’re looking for wallet-friendly accommodations, consider Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville. This hotel offers comfortable rooms, free breakfast, and an indoor pool, providing excellent value for your money.
Another good option is the Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, which offers clean and cozy rooms at an affordable price, along with complimentary breakfast.
Fun Fact or Interesting Story
Charlottesville is not only home to beautiful hotels but is also filled with historical sites and cultural attractions. The city is the birthplace of two US presidents: Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe. Visitors can explore their former homes, Monticello and Ash Lawn-Highland, as well as visit the nearby University of Virginia, which was founded by Jefferson himself.
Things to Do
While in Charlottesville, make sure to explore the bustling downtown pedestrian mall, which offers a plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Nature lovers can enjoy the beautiful scenery at Shenandoah National Park or embark on a picturesque wine tour through the local vineyards. The city is also home to a thriving arts scene, so be sure to catch a live performance or explore the numerous galleries and art studios during your stay.
Bed and Breakfast Options
Charlottesville, Virginia, offers a variety of charming bed and breakfast options for visitors looking for a cozy and personalized experience. Here are a few top-rated bed and breakfasts in the area:
- The Dinsmore House: This historic Dinsmore House offers a blend of Southern charm and modern amenities. Located in downtown Charlottesville, it’s perfect for those looking to explore the city on foot.
- Foxfield Inn: Foxfield Inn is located in a picturesque countryside setting, featuring luxurious rooms and incredible views. It’s an excellent choice for travelers who want to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Charlottesville.
- Fairhaven Guesthouse: The Fairhaven Guesthouse provides comfortable accommodations and a complimentary continental breakfast. Conveniently located near the University of Virginia, it’s a great option for visitors attending events or meetings on campus.
A stay at one of these delightful bed and breakfasts can offer a unique and memorable experience while visiting Charlottesville. Many of these establishments are located near popular attractions and activities, allowing you to explore the city with ease.
Did you know that Charlottesville is home to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s famous plantation? Monticello is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
Things to Do
While staying at a bed and breakfast in Charlottesville, take advantage of the various activities and attractions the city has to offer:
- Visit wineries and breweries in the region, such as King Family Vineyards and Three Notch’d Brewing Company.
- Explore the Downtown Mall, filled with unique shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
- Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway or hike in Shenandoah National Park.
- Stop by the University of Virginia campus and marvel at the stunning Rotunda, designed by Thomas Jefferson himself.
With its blend of history, nature, and cultural attractions, Charlottesville is a delightful destination for a bed and breakfast getaway.
Charlottesville, Virginia, is a picturesque destination for visitors looking for historical sites, beautiful vineyards, and the scenic beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It offers various vacation rental options for those who prefer the privacy and comfort of a home during their stay.
Stay Charlottesville is a website dedicated to offering unique vacation rentals in the area. Options range from charming historic homes to rustic farmhouses. These properties provide an authentic experience for those wanting to immerse themselves in the local atmosphere.
Fun Fact: Many of the homes featured on Stay Charlottesville have been showcased in publications such as Virginia Living, Abode, and Virginia Home Grown.
Another platform to consider when searching for vacation rentals is Airbnb. Here, you can find a wide variety of options, from private rooms to entire houses. Listing ratings and reviews make it easy to find a perfect fit for your needs and preferences.
If you’re looking to stay in a house or an apartment, Vrbo offers a selection of over 499 vacation rentals in Charlottesville. Many of these properties come with amenities such as swimming pools, private outdoor spaces, and pet-friendly options.
For a more nature-filled retreat, Visit Charlottesville provides information on charming cabins and cottages in the area. These properties offer a cozy getaway from city life and provide the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Virginia.
Interesting Story: Charlottesville is not only renowned for its historical charm, but also a vibrant arts scene. The city hosts various music, theater, and art events throughout the year, giving you plenty of activities to explore during your stay.
Regardless of the type of vacation rental you choose, Charlottesville has a wealth of attractions and experiences to offer. From visiting the picturesque vineyards to exploring the history-steeped streets, there’s no shortage of things to do in this charming Virginia destination. Happy travels!
Charlottesville, VA, offers various options for long-term stays, catering to different preferences and budgets. If you’re planning an extended visit, it’s essential to find a comfortable and convenient place to call home for the duration of your stay.
Furnished monthly rentals are a popular choice for those looking for a more homely atmosphere during their extended stay. Airbnb has a selection of Charlottesville furnished rentals available in various locations close to popular destinations such as the University of Virginia, Barracks Road Shopping Center, and more.
For a more luxurious experience, consider choosing one of the executive rentals offered by Stay Charlottesville. These properties are furnished and designed to cater to more discerning guests, particularly executives, and come fully equipped with utilities and internet.
Extended Stay Hotels
Recognized hotel chains like Staybridge Suites by IHG offer extended stay options with amenities like free breakfast, indoor pools, and high-speed wireless internet. These hotels can provide a consistent and comfortable experience for long-term visitors who prefer the convenience of hotel living.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Charlottesville is home to the University of Virginia, which was founded by former U.S. President Thomas Jefferson in 1819? The University’s Rotunda and Lawn are must-visit attractions if you’re a history buff or architecture enthusiast!
Things to do: While staying in Charlottesville, be sure to explore the rich history, beautiful scenery, and vibrant arts scene. Take a stroll down the Downtown Mall, visit Monticello, or enjoy local wines at nearby vineyards.
Top Tips for Choosing a Place to Stay in Charlottesville, VA
When planning your trip to the charming and historic Charlottesville, VA, you’ll want to find the perfect accommodation to make your stay memorable. Here are some top tips to help you choose the best place to stay.
- Location matters: If you’re interested in visiting the famous landmarks like Monticello and the University of Virginia, consider staying in a hotel close to the downtown area. The Omni Charlottesville Hotel is one such option that’s centrally located and offers easy access to the Jefferson Theater and other attractions.
- Choose your type of accommodation: Charlottesville has various accommodation styles, ranging from luxury hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts. Consider your travel style, preferences, and budget when selecting the perfect place for you. For example, the Graduate Charlottesville offers a unique, collegiate-themed atmosphere, while the Boar’s Head Resort caters to those seeking upscale amenities.
- Amenities are essential: Always keep your desired amenities in mind when choosing a place to stay. If you value a fitness center, free WiFi, and complimentary breakfast, make sure to prioritize these features when booking your accommodation.
- Read reviews: Research and read reviews from fellow travelers to get a better understanding of the experiences they had at various hotels in Charlottesville. Websites like U.S. News Travel offer a comprehensive list of the best hotels in the area, along with their guest ratings and amenities.
- Plan ahead for popular events: Charlottesville’s vibrant cultural scene includes sports events, live music, and art festivals. During these peak times, accommodations can fill up quickly, so it’s essential to book your stay early to ensure you secure a spot at your desired lodging.
Charlottesville Fun Fact: Did you know that Charlottesville is home to the University of Virginia, which was founded in 1819 by Thomas Jefferson, who also designed the university’s iconic rotunda? This beautiful campus is a must-visit, as it offers stunning architecture and historical significance.
Here are some exciting things to do in Charlottesville:
- Visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s primary plantation and residence.
- Stroll down the Downtown Mall, the city’s pedestrian mall filled with shops, galleries, and restaurants.
- Explore the vineyards and wineries in the surrounding countryside.
- Catch a performance at the Paramount Theater or the Jefferson Theater.
- Spend an afternoon at the Virginia Discovery Museum for some interactive family fun.
We hope these tips help you choose the perfect place to stay in Charlottesville, VA, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable trip. Happy travels!
Charlottesville, Virginia offers a diverse range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs and preferences. From boutique hotels to charming inns and bed & breakfasts, you’ll surely find the perfect place to unwind after exploring everything the city has to offer.
The Quirk Hotel boasts a modern vibe and is conveniently located on Main Street, while the Oakhurst Inn offers luxury touches and is nestled on the edge of the University of Virginia campus. For those seeking a more budget-friendly option, you can’t go wrong with the Hampton Inn & Suites Charlottesville-At the University.
Fun Fact or Interesting Story
While you’re in Charlottesville, make sure to pay a visit to Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello estate, a World Heritage site. This historical landmark is not only the former home of the nation’s third president but also offers stunning gardens, architecture, and captivating stories about American history.
Things to Do
There’s no shortage of activities to enjoy during your stay in Charlottesville. Some popular highlights include:
- Strolling through the bustling Downtown Mall and the vibrant shops, restaurants, and galleries in the area
- Wine tasting at some of the city’s award-winning wineries
- Exploring the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway, offering breathtaking views and a picturesque drive
So, as you plan your getaway to Charlottesville, rest assured that you’ll find the perfect accommodations to make your trip truly special. With so much to see and do in the area, you’re in for a memorable and enjoyable experience.