6th Avenue - The Lofts at 655 Sixth - L632 - 103564
3 Bedroom 6th Avenue Apartment
Located in the heart of Fun Central (aka San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter), your Stay Alfred on 6th Avenue gives you easy access to this neighborhood’s unique shops, restaurants and famous nightlife. And, with modern style and surplus of square footage, time spent at your apartment is sure to be memorable, too.
YOUR STAY ALFRED:
Do your design tastes run toward open floor plans, exposed concrete, high ceilings and huge floor-to-ceiling windows? If so, this place may be just your style. Tastefully decorated and blessed with room to spread out, it’s an ideal home base for those who are in town to spend their days getting out and exploring -- or for those who’re committed to getting business done during the day but want easy access to the fun when it’s time to call it a day. Either way, this 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Stay Alfred on 6th makes a perfect San Diego vacation rental.
- A master bedroom with a king size bed and a Jack & Jill bathroom, sharing a shower/tub combo and toilet with one of the guest rooms. (Its washroom is private.)
- That guest bedroom that we just mentioned, with a queen-sized bed that shares its Jack & Jill bathroom with the master bedroom. (Its washroom is also private.)
- A second guest bedroom with a queen-sized bed. There’s room for so many people.
- A shared bathroom with a shower/tub combo. It does its part to prevent morning traffic jams.
- A queen-sized pull-out sofa in living area. Bedrooms spoken for? There’s still a place to sleep.
- A full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and quartz or granite countertops. For style conscious cooks.
- Free WiFi. We know better than to come between you and your internet.
- In-unit, stacked, front-loading washer and dryer. Clean socks are the very bedrock of civilization.
- Dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, ironing board/iron. They’re all quite good at their jobs.
- Cable TV. It’s free!
- Air conditioning. When it’s hot outside, you don’t have to be.
- Floor to ceiling windows. Let in that gorgeous San Diego light!
We could rave on and on about this gorgeous apartment and its lively Gaslamp Quarter neighborhood, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t talk about the building for a bit. Eight stories of glass and concrete and hosting a variety of retail shops on its first floor, it’s a structure that integrates beautifully into its surroundings. And with amenities that make living there a pleasure, it makes the a perfect home base for temporary San Diegans.
- Secure building and security staff. They’re ready to keep your clamoring paparazzi at bay.
- Elevator. Save your energy for exploring the Gaslamp Quarter!
- Indoor/outdoor gym. To keep those endorphins flowing.
- Main floor lounge with coffee and TV. Hang out in comfort until your friends finally decide on what they’ll be wearing out tonight.
- Clubhouse with full kitchen and balcony. Why entertain in your apartment if you don’t have to?
When it’s time to cut loose, this is where San Diego heads to dance until dawn -- but the Gaslamp Quarter has a lot more to offer than just its famous high-energy nightlife. Explore its 16 (and ½) blocks, and you’ll find one-of-a-kind boutiques, symphony and theater performances, restaurants to suit any taste or budget, amazing Victorian architecture -- and plenty of people whose smiles are a telltale sign that this is a good place to be.
Distance to Popular Destinations
10 minute walk/0.5 miles to the Convention Center
12 minute walk/0.6 miles to Petco Park
22 minute walk/1.1 miles to the USS Midway Museum
5 minute walk/0.2 miles to Westfield Horton Plaza
Your grocery store - Albertson’s - 10 minute walk/0.5 mile
Your thrift grocery store that’s a little closer: Grocery Outlet - 7 minute walk/0.3 miles
Your coffee - Coffee & Art on 6th - 1 minute walk/300 feet
Your pharmacy - CVS - 2 minute walk/450 feet
Your urgent care - Gaslamp Medical Center - 2 minute cab ride/0.2 miles
353 5th Ave
6 minute walk/0.3 miles
In the mood for tapas-style Spanish food? Sevilla’s charming, romantic atmosphere makes for a perfect date-night spot -- especially if you’re there on a Saturday night for their Flamenco show (be sure to make a reservation). Come ready to outrageously good dishes like seafood or sausage paella, brochetas and carefully curated cheese plates.
707 G Street
2 minute walk/0.1 miles
While the breakfast here is so good that there’s’ generally a line out the door, you have a secret weapon at your disposal: proximity. Breakfast Republic is located right in your building, and if you’re up early, you can be enjoying your Linguica Sausage Scramble while everyone else is fiddling with their smartphones outside. Yum!
Double Standard Kitchenetta
695 6th Ave
1 minute walk/50 feet
Did you know that there’s another great restaurant living right in your building. Serving modern Italian food with strong California influences, DSK specializes in freshly made pizza and pasta. And while Italian is the dominant culinary style here, you’ll also find decidedly non-Italian selections (you can get a great burger here). Insider’s tip: try to get a window seat, so that you can enjoy some positively first-rate people watching.
527 5th Ave
3 minute walk/0.2 miles
If, like many people, Mexican would be your “have to eat it every day for the rest of your life” choice, take a short walk over to Don Chido, where you’ll enjoy fare that’s unbeatable -- from their wood-fired fresh catch of the day to their “OMG, you’ve got to try this” guacamole. The atmosphere is bright and fun, too, and it seems to practically shout, “how ‘bout a margarita.” Don’t mind if we do, Don Chido.
435 5th Ave
4 minute walk/0.2 miles
A favorite of those who love to “surf,” but equally satisfying for those who prefer more of a “turf” based meal, this is a dress-up-and-get-fancy sort of place -- great for either a date or for a business dinner with a client who’s desperately in need of impressing. Whether you’re ordering the Nigiri shrimp or the New York Strip, you’re bound to have an experience that’ll have you wanting to make a repeat visit.
If you’ve been spending your days dreaming about a San Diego vacation -- or if your business trip to San Diego is compulsory, but you want to be close to the fun when the work day comes to a close, this Stay Alfred on 6th Avenue puts all the fun of the Gaslamp Quarter just steps away. And with creature comforts that go well beyond any mere hotel room’s, it’s more than ready for you to make it “your place in the city.” Book your 6th Avenue San Diego vacation rental today!
- Business Center
- Sky Lounge